So, I moved. Yup, packed up the fam and shuffled off to a new home that's all kinds of better. In the interim, that is while I recover from everything being crammed into 3 days, I enlisted the assistance of my best bud, Doug to fork over a list for me. Enjoy!
"So, the Big Chief Magoo of Friday Night Lists asked me for another list. This should be easy, I thought to myself. It’s October and that means Halloween. Yeah, I was torturing myself trying to come up with a list and then it hit me:
Here at The Waltz Compound we have a tradition on Halloween. We watch Night Of The Living Dead. I have seen this movie hundreds of times and it is, without a doubt, my favorite movie.
So here is the top ten most quotable lines from the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. And as a bonus there’s a video clip at the end that is actually…THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!!
(NOTE: I give the character name of who says the quote for each quote. If you don’t know who any of these people are, shame on you and watch the movie first.)"
10. BEN – 'Now get the Hell down in the cellar! You can be the boss down there, but I’m boss up here!'
9. HARRY COOPER – 'All right, now you tell me! I’m not gonna take that kind of chance when we’ve got a safe place! We luck into a safe place and you’re telling us we gotta risk our lives just because somebody might need help, huh?'
(On an unnecessary side note: Harry Cooper is a real dickweed.)
8. BEN – 'Don’t you know what’s going on out there? This is no Sunday School picnic!'
7. SHERIFF MCCLELLAND – 'Good shot! OK he’s dead let’s go get ‘em. That’s another one for the fire.'
6. BEN – 'I ought to drag you out there and FEED you to those things.'
5. HELEN COOPER – 'We may not enjoy living together, but dying together isn’t going to solve anything.'
4. BARBARA – 'Johnny has the keys…'
3. TOM – 'Well…the television said that’s the right thing to do.'
2. SHERIFF MCCLELLAND – 'Beat ‘em or burn ‘em, they go up pretty easy.'
And the number one quote from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD IS…..
Come on a say it with me people!!
1. JOHNNY – 'They’re coming to get you Barbara!'
And there you have it. Now enjoy the movie below. Yeah, it ain’t the greatest looking print, but it’s free and what do you want from public domain? Have an excellent Halloween